The CIF-SS workplace on Friday introduced its procedure for choosing the teams that will go right into its elite Department 1 brace that will be an eight-team brace.
It looks bad for San Clemente. The process does not favor San Clemente obtaining picked to the Division 1 playoffs.
However, pertained to consider it, it looks great for San Clemente
Here is the process for selecting the 8 groups that will certainly be in the Division 1 playoffs …
Teams will get factors for where they remain in the final Department 1 as well as 2 poll. The No. 1 team gets 10 points, the No. 2 team obtains nine points, the No. 3 group 8 factors and so forth down to one factor for the No. 10 group.
Teams also obtain one factor for each and every win over another team that remains in the CIF-SS Divisions 1 as well as 2 group, and one factor for being an organization champ.
San Clemente beat 4 Division 1 teams in nonleague play. But all 4 are CIF-San Diego Section teams, so San Clemente obtains no factors for those success.
One might assess that as a negative situation for San Clemente, getting credited no points for those success against good groups.
Or one could examine that as a great scenario for San Clemente since it is not likely that San Clemente at regular-season’s end would certainly have sufficient factors to get picked to Department 1.
Rather, San Clemente, 8-1 total after a 36-14 win Friday over Capistrano Valley, is virtually guaranteed of entering into the Department 2 brace where the Tritons’ opportunities of success are far better than they would certainly remain in Division 1.
In in 2014’s Department 1 playoffs San Clemente in the very first round beat Murrieta Valley 49-26. Murrieta Valley will be in the Division 2 playoffs this period.
In in 2015’s Department 1 quarterfinals San Clemente shed to St. John Bosco 56-6. St. John Bosco again will certainly be in the Department 1 playoffs this period.
Playing all of those San Diego County groups simply could have exercised actually well of San Clemente.
– San Clemente, 3-0 in the South Coastline League, plays at Mission Viejo (2-0) next Friday. Mission Viejo had a bye recently so the Diablos need to be available in fresh and also all set … fresh from the break as well as prepared since of the additional time to game-plan for San clement.
– Mater Dei vs. St. John Bosco on Friday, Oct. 25 at St. John Bosco, will certainly be the game of the week not just locally yet in the country as the teams are 1-2 in numerous nationwide rankings. The video game will be aired real-time by Prime Ticket. If you firmly insist upon handling the auto parking migraines as well as general insanity, tickets can be purchased at the schools’ sites, materdei.org and also bosco.org.
– Mater Dei is the favored because one. The first area to look for support is how Mater Dei and also St. John Bosco got on versus their common opponent, Servite. St. John Bosco defeated Servite by one point; Mater Dei beat Servite by 45 factors.
– And it’s not just that common opponents information that makes Mater Dei the favored. Mater Dei’s crime is unstoppable.
– La Habra senior Kris Koontz returned the opening kickoff 83 yards for a goal in the Highlanders’ 49-7 win over Sunny Hills. It was his very first kickoff return for a touchdown at any level of football.
– Clark Phillips III is understood for his superior limited protection as one of California’s leading cornerbacks. He is a far more physical gamer than his looking report recommends. The La Habra elderly’s extremely minor imperfection, one that he will certainly remove when he reaches Ohio State following fall, is that he needs to improve at completing on takes on instead of depending upon his capability to just blow up into individuals as well as knock them down.
– O.C. football has a wonderful group of elderly quarterbacks with Mater Dei’s Bryce Young, Corona del Mar’s Ethan Garbers as well as La Habra’s Ryan Zanelli at the top off the pile. Choosing the first- as well as second-team All-Orange Region quarterbacks will certainly not be easy.
– Newport Harbor took its very first loss of 2019 with a 44-3 loss to Los Alamitos in a Sunset Organization game. The Sailors end up the routine period with organization video games versus Corona del Mar and Edison. They well can finish as the organization’s No. 4 team and also therefore can only enter into the CIF-SS Department 9 playoffs as an at-large group … as well as there may not be space for at-large teams in Department 9 that has 25 teams trying its 16 playoff berths.
– Orange had a 61-0 halftime lead in its 61-14 win over Estancia.
– Of the 15 high institution football video games I have actually covered this period, the team with one of the most penalty yardage was the champion of 14 of those games.
Football roundup: Mater Dei dashes past Santa Margarita to establish face-off with St. John Bosco Every one of OCVarsity’s stories, scores, pictures and even more from Friday’s football video games Blevins, Washington blaze a trail as Pacifica rallies to beat Tustin Western documents 6th shutout of period while beating Ocean View in organization opener Portola borders Northwood for single belongings of starting point in Pacific Shore League